Transfer Edge

Build Community. Discover Resources. Get a Head Start.

How to Enroll

Enrolling in Transfer Edge is simple! All newly admitted UC Santa Barbara transfer students are invited to participate in Transfer Edge. Jumpstart your journey by completing the straightforward enrollment application starting April 29th, 2024!

Steps to Enroll:

Complete your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). This must be submitted before you submit your Transfer Edge enrollment application. Without an SIR on record, an enrollment application will be rejected and a student will need to apply again to be considered for admission.

Complete your Statement of Legal Residence (SLR).

Activate your UCSBnetID and UCSB email account. To do so, sign in to the UCSB Identity Manager. Learn more about accessing your UCSB email account. Once you've submitted your enrollment application, you can expect to receive program related communications in your UCSB email inbox. 

Ensure you have two FAFSA forms on file! To be considered for financial aid for Transfer Edge, you must complete a FAFSA for 2023 – 2024 by June 30th, 2024. Please note that this is in addition to the 2024 – 2025 FAFSA, which provides aid beginning in Fall 2024.  

Fill out and submit the brief enrollment application. Please note that you will need to sign up for an account in order to complete a summer enrollment application (we recommend using your UCSB email to set up this account). Enrollment for the 2024 program will open April 29th, 2024.

two students laughing and holding a s'mores



For information about affordability options, please visit Financial Aid & Savings

Cancellation Policy

If your summer plans have changed and you are no longer able to participate in Transfer Edge, please review the information below regarding our cancellation policy and procedures. 

  • Students who wish to cancel their admission to Transfer Edge must email to initiate the withdrawal process. Be sure to include your full name and perm number. 
  • Our Student Services team will provide you with the cancellation/withdrawal form. 
  • Students can refer to Summer Sessions Deadlines to review the deadlines to receive a refund.